2021 Mission Trip
And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. John 10:16 ESV
The Ethnē Outfitters/EPC World Outreach 2021 Mission Trip
Thank you for visiting this page to learn more about our 2021 mission trip to Dearborn and Hamtramck, MI, both located in the Detroit area. To come with us, please click the “Join the Trip” button at the bottom of this page by July 16, 2021 to fill out the questionnaire that applies to you. We look forward to your involvement.
Purpose and Approach
The purpose of this mission trip is to introduce team members to ministry among Muslims. Our approach consists of spending six full days in two cities heavily populated by Muslim people, Dearborn and Hamtramck, MI. Dearborn is the U.S. city with the largest concentration of Arab Americans and Arab immigrants, and Hamtramck is the first and only Muslim majority city in the United States. While in the Dearborn and Hamtramck areas our plan is to:
1. Invest our time in classroom training during morning sessions
2. Invest our time in practical training by meeting Muslim people face to face during afternoons and evenings
3. Pray for Muslim people and people groups
4. Visit mosques as a way to meet Muslims and learn about their faith
5. Gain exposure to various different Muslim cultures
6. Experience the cultural foods of various people groups
7. Hear testimonies and life experiences of Christian workers laboring among Muslims
8. Learn about various ministry organizations and approaches to ministry among Muslims in the Dearborn and Hamtramck areas
9. Have our own faith challenged and begin to think creatively about ministry among Muslim people in our own home areas
Our prayer for this trip is that through interaction with Muslims and with those ministering to them, team members will experience some of the many ways in which God can use them and their churches among Muslims, growing in their vision and ability to identify and overcome some of the challenges and barriers that can prevent individuals and churches from reaching out to Muslims.
The trip dates are August 7-14, with travel to Michigan on the 7th and return travel home on the 14th.
Ethnē Outfitters or EPC WO staff will correspond with team members on an individual basis where necessary to arrange travel to Dearborn. Please let us know if we can help with an airport pickup and/or drop off.
Ethnē Outfitters and EPC WO staff are arranging accommodation for this mission trip in or near Hamtramck, MI. This will enable us to be close to the people living in this Muslim majority area. Accommodations will be in or near Hamtramck.
The trip cost includes:
- Meals, unless stated otherwise (August 8-13)
- A contribution toward outreach activity expenses and ministry building space used for team gatherings and worship/training times
- Literature (a bilingual gospel tract and an introduction card)
We estimate that the total cost of the trip will be between $300.00 and $400.00, but please revisit this page for updates and also look for communication from us as we further explore more accurate figures.
Please also keep in mind that trip cost may be affected by some individual preferences and factors, such as type of accommodation and age of children. Travel is in addition to this trip cost, and can be arranged on an individual basis or with other team members.
- Make check out to: Ethnē Outfitters
- Write in subject line: Ethnē Outfitters 2021 Mission Trip
- Mail to: World Witness, 918 S. Pleasantburg Dr. Ste. 218, Greenville, SC 29607
- Payment deadline: Payment for the trip must be received by Friday, July 23, 2021.
- So as not to incur an admin fee, the mission trip payment will not be considered a tax deductible contribution.
The current draft of our mission trip schedule can be downloaded in PDF format here. We are finalizing some of the ministry activities with our partner ministries in Dearborn and Hamtramck, so please feel free to check back soon for any updates to our schedule. Thank you!
Pre-trip Team Member Preparation
During the time leading up to the trip, we will publish a page that will help all our team members to prepare for the trip through readings, watching videos, prayer, and learning about what to bring on the trip.
We are also designing a virtual get together to give our team members an idea of what to expect on the trip and give us a chance to meet one another before the trip.